Wow I guess I've forgotten to post! Lot's going on here, but not much to report these days. So, I'll make a short list and post a picture, because what's a blog post without a picture?!
1. I found out yesterday at my appointment with my Dr. that my BOOT/AIR CAST IS OFF FOR GOOD!!!! Can I get a shout out for that foot! Let me tell you - it has been since October 2008. 16 months of foot stuff. I'm crossing my fingers.
2. Last Friday, some of the girls and I went to see "Coraline" in 3D. These are our glasses. We ARE cool. And, we are Back to the Future.
3. I'm researching dogs. I want either a Samoyed*** or a ... oh shoot, I forgot what it's called. Here's a picture of the puppy that I played with at a pet store*** here in Denver. This was the very CUTEST little boy EVER and his eyes are the color of my husband's. Check him out. But, I think we won't be ready until April to have another dog in our midst. I MISS MISSY!
4. I've been knitting obsessively on my Stripy sweater and I'm almost done with one sleeve. Looking good! And, I've finished one of my "Bird in Hand" mittens, and have about 2 inches into my second. It's those darn braids in there. They are pretty hard on the hands!
5. Really, that's all I think I have to report. I think......
*** We are looking at a "breed" and a puppy because I'm ready to know what I'm going to get. I have rescued 3 dogs from the Humane Society and all were older dogs. It was a great experience but I think this time, I want to KNOW what I'm going to get (at least a general idea) of what the breed was made to do, as well as it's personality. And, we want a puppy so we can train it ourselves.
I have four names of Samoyed breeders here in Denver and I'm leaning very heavily towards this breed. Byron had one of these when he was a kid and loved him! Not only is it a GREAT family and kid dog, it has a downy undercoat (read: big time shedding!) that has been spun into yarn for 1,000's of years to keep it's people warm. BONUS!!!!
*** There is a reputable pet store here in Denver who has been checked out by my vet, whom I greatly respect.
Please do NOT slam me for either of the above items. Choosing a "breed" and going to a pet store....
Knit on......Have a great week...... and that's ALL SHE WROTE!